Make a button for deleting notifications on the DevForum

Many of us developers here on the DevForum receive daily notifications in our inbox but have no easy way of deleting them. Overtime, when we start to gain more notifications, it uses up loads of screen space and just looks extremely messy.

If there was a button located in that notification inbox section, us users wouldn’t have a massive box full of notifications hogging up our screen space. Having this button would tidy things up for us.

Here’s an answer: request this in discourse.

2 Likes

This https://meta.discourse.org/?

Yes, you can’t add this unless it’s an official discourse feature.

2 Likes

So when I am on the page, what category do I post it under for requesting it?

Mine only shows up when I click on my icon and as soon as I select anything on the list or any other part of the screen it disappears.
Is yours there all the time?

Yes mine has been there for a long time now.

I thought it would go after a while because I thought it was like a glitch but it hasn’t gone since.

See if there’s a setting when you click on your icon, then click the notifications bell icon.
Then click the Preferences gear, then Notifications in the left side tools.
I have mine set to
created in the last 2 days
after 4 minutes
Tracking
First time a post is liked and daily

Live Notifications: permission denied

Then in Messages I have the checkbox clicked for
Allow other users to send me personal message and chat direct messages

What exactly hasn’t gone? The notifications?
What are you and @scottifly talking about?
Maybe I can help?

1. Flag your post and press “Other”
  2. Put in I want this post deleted because @VSCPlays and @2jammers told me to put it in discourse
  3. Wait for them to say “Thanks for letting us know, we agree there is an issue and we’re looking into it”
  4. go to meta.discourse.org
  5. log in or sign up (if not logged in)
  6. go to feature
  7. press “New Topic”
  8. add the things you asked it for
  9. press “Create Topic” button

(P.S. The DevForums doesn’t use the latest version of Discourse so I don’t think it will be added here and some discourse forums)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.