Make a lot of same lobby for each player

Hello
I want to make a system, where the player spawn in he’s own lobby. Like elder scrolls blade, where the player have he’s own village. And when another player join the game, another lobby spawn next to another lobby. If there are 100 players, there are 100 lobbys. How can i make that ? He is a better idea to spawn the player in a private server ? Thanks !

1 Like

If you mean making a physical lobby then you’ll need a bit of complicated code, just make it get the player count multiply it by a distance and create another lobby in a straight line, also delete lobbies when the owner leaves the game.

1 Like

Okkk … so make player join a private server is better you think ?

Well depends on how you want the game to work, you can use servers of 100 players using that method or just do a single player lobby and then teleport players to game

1 Like

Okay okay, because i want to have a lobby where the player can upgrade some buildings, so its easier if he’s alone in his village. And after, he can invite player to join he’s village. So how can I make player teleport in he’s own village ? have you an idea

Check Messaging Service, it allows communication between servers.

I think it’d be better to make the initial place the player joins the lobby itself, so it’s maxed to 1 player, and once the player clicks play they are teleported to the actual place/server where others can join in as well. I’ve seen this done a couple times, nothing bad with the system.

1 Like

i dont sure i really understand what you say … ( im french ). You’re idea, if i understand, it to make a server limited to 1 player, this is it ?

Yeah you create the lobby and the lobby only. Max that place to 1 player only. After that you make another place inside your game reserved for actual gameplay with how many players you want. Once the player clicks play or whatever in your lobby, they are teleported to the place reserved for, well, playing.

1 Like

okayyyyy i understand ! Just one last thing : is it done automatically, like, when the server is full, did is automatically create another server when another player join, with the same thing ?

yes, since the server is capped to 1 player only, it’ll create a new one. Considering the player wont spend all their time in the lobby, it won’t cause too many issues cause the server shuts down quickly anyway

1 Like

and, as i say, i want to have a friend system, where the player can invite player in his village. so if the server limit is set to 1, there are a problem xd

its not a problem cause you can communicate between servers/places. You can definitely check when a user’s friend is online and if they’re playing. I haven’t done this yet so I can’t really point to any sources I just know its possible

1 Like

okok. and i think there are a method for add limit to a server ? like if the player click invite friend by a guy, it automatically add 1 to the player limit

I’m not sure if you can change the max player amount of a server through a script, so someone else will have to add to this.

1 Like

ok, thank you for help me to find an idea :stuck_out_tongue: i will search for a solution! thanks ^^

1 Like