Make Animation not over ride arm orientation change

So im trying to change the orientation of my arm with the Motor6ds in it, however as you can see in this

GIF

https://gyazo.com/fdf191c2b20192270931ccd8ebae1e40

I cant make my arm rotate to my desired location because of the animations, like if my left arm swings then it changes the orientation and when my left arm is still the arm also changes. ask me any questions if you want to understand more and I DONT WANT TO USE ANIMATIONS

CODE

weld = Instance.new("WeldConstraint",plr.Character)
	weld.Part0 = plr.Character.Head
	plr.Character.Torso["Left Shoulder"].C1 = CFrame.new()
	plr.Character.Torso["Left Shoulder"].C0 = plr.Character.Torso["Left Shoulder"].C0 * CFrame.new(-1, 0.5, 0, 1.13080683e-08, -4.22236788e-08, -1, -0.965943992, -0.258716106, 8.0936668e-13, -0.258714557, 0.965951443, -4.37117578e-08)
	weld.Part1 = plr.Character["Left Arm"]

I understand that you “DON’T WANT TO USE ANIMATIONS”, but unless you use animations you will not be able to stop the roblox animations. What I mean is, you want to create a looping left arm animation which puts the arm into it’s default un-animated position, setting the priority as the top-level. Then you want to load this animation into your humanoid in a LocalScript, and call :Play() on the resulting track when you equip the weapon. Then you want to call :Stop() when you unequip the weapon.

You cannot do this without using animations.

2 Likes

People told me at first that animations weren’t good, but they’re super simple and save you loads of unneeded hurdles. Just make a set animation which is just one position and set it to loop, it will then never stop until you manually stop it.

1 Like

And in case you didn’t know, bones are relased. So if you don’t want to use animations because they look weird with different characters, you should try bones.

@briact @Vendablebackup

I dont want to use animations due to animations not playing on other owned games other than mines, this model is basically an asset im selling.

A way I got around this was to save them to a dummy which you can send over in a file and they can then just upload them on their end.

1 Like

Yeah i kinda dont want to do that, I saw some free model guns do it with no animations

Yeah, that’s fair enough that’s just the way I got around it :+1:

The thing about weapon-scripted animations is that they are not really animations at all. If they zoom in fully, and the weapon is not a tool, then his model disappears. To prevent this, you do the illusion that it’s an animation and you fell for it. You just position the weapon to the camera, create special arms and other things. I found a tutorial that explains this in detail. But when it’s time to reload, and the weapon has a reload animation, the animation will be played and not scripted! So to position the gun you can watch the tutorial, but to do the Reload and Shot and all other gun animations, YOU MUST DO IT IF YOU WANT IT OR NOT CREATE ANIMATIONS! What you are trying to do without animations is impossible. Otherwise, if it were possible without animation, Roblox would never have given us the option to create animations, changing their whole internal system just to help us. It’s simple because without animation it’s not possible. Would you walk to the North Pole even though you could just use a plane? Not, you always choose the easiest solution. So if you want to make it without animations, then good luck, because it will take you months if not years. I know you don’t get it, but still:
If other people tell you the same thing more often, you should try to understand it. If you still don’t understand anything, then next time you will give more precise answers. Without details about a problem you can’t help it, we can’t read your mind and read the problem directly, you have to describe it 80%, if possible 100%. Hope it was clear enough and now, if I had to write even longer, I would be here for 2 hours, not exactly what I had planned… Do you still have problems? Try to describe them in more detail and send them here, only then they can help you (P.S.: Still not understood? Then you should look up how to make a gun. Don’t you make a gun? What do you want to do then? Do I have to show my full script? Do you want the best help, yes, that also means that if possible you show us what you have done so far)

The Tutorial: