Make camera follow head when playing an animation

1. What do you want to achieve? I want the camera to follow and match the head’s rotation/orientation when an animation is playing on the character.

2. What is the issue? I can’t figure out how to make the camera follow and turn along with the head while playing an animation.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried setting the camera subject to the head when playing the animation, but it didn’t seem to work as the player could still look around. Using watch as cameratype gave me slightly better results but the player could still turn the camera.

you can try this but if it is temporary we can activate it with a remote event

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local head = char:WaitForChild("Head")

local camera = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera

local runs = game:GetService("RunService")

runs.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	camera.CFrame = head.CFrame
end)

you can also find a way to make the player head accesories invisible when the animation is playing

That actually looks like it’d work, I’ll try later. Thanks!

1 Like

Can you show me an example of how I could make it temporary without a remote event, if possible?

Do you want to make the animation play after what? press a key or something?

It’s a death animation in a horror game, the player trips and turns over to the ghost and the camera zooms into the ghost’s head then goes black. It’s triggered when the player touches the ghost.

local bellany = script.Parent.Parent
local root = bellany.HumanoidRootPart

root.Touched:Connect(function(h)
	if game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(h.Parent) and h.Parent.Humanoid.Health >= 1 and bellany.Values.Hunting.Value then
		local character = h.Parent
		local humanoid: Humanoid = character.Humanoid

-- Stop hunting
		bellany.Values.Hunting.Value = 1

-- Animation		
		humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
		for _, anim: AnimationTrack in pairs(humanoid.Animator:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
			anim:Stop()
		end

humanoid.Animator:LoadAnimation(script.Trip):Play()

-- Disable script
		script.Disabled = true
	end
end)

he is an npc, I see that you are doing it from a script and not a local script, you need to do it with remote event

you need get the player’s name

and then u put this in your script

local remoteevent = game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent-------------------the location of your remote event

remoteevent:FireClient(plrname, trueorfalse)----------------------------------------this fires a event to the player with the same name

and then u need to put this in a local script

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local head = char:WaitForChild("Head")

local camera = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera

local remoteevent = game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent-------------------the location of your remote event

local scream = false

local runs = game:GetService("RunService")

runs.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	if scream == true then
		camera.CFrame = head.CFrame
	end
end)

remoteevent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(plr, activation)
	if activation == true then
		scream = true
	else
		scream = false
	end
end)

you send a remote event to activate it and another to deactivate when the animation ends

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.