Make "Devotee" badge obtainable multiple times

You can get the anniversary badge multiple times, so why not Devotee and Aficionado? And yes I am making this post because I would most likely get the second Devotee badge this July, but Its impossible to get it more than once :pensive:

2 Likes

The badges Devotee, Aficionado, and Enthusiast are different from “Anniversary”, The Anniversary badge is obtained when you post in the forum at least one time and has an active forum account for years, while for the badges Devotee, Aficionado, and Enthusiast, It should be earned when you visit the forums on x consecutive days, I don’t see why you want to have fifteen Aficionado badges.

5 Likes

I disagree with this request. Does it really serve a purpose and is it actually beneficial in anyway to the forum? I say not.

4 Likes

There’s quite literally no reason for this to be added

3 Likes

Who even cares about badges? I have three anniversary ones and frankly I could not care about them.

Absolutely no point to this, I think this is a default Discourse badge anyways.

3 Likes

A common misconception is that the purpose of feature requests is to propose features. Think of the purpose of a feature request like that of a bug report: To report problems. Unlike bug reports that focus on incongruence between actual and expected behaviors, feature requests focus on asking for the current intended behavior to be changed because it’s causing you a problem.

This feature request is merely asking for an addition that doesn’t address an actual problem.

2 Likes

We won’t prioritize any specific requests related to the Discourse badge system like this as it’s not a core feature of this forum nor do we own the source code.

For specific requests like this pertaining to Discourse source code, I recommend bringing up the feature requests at meta.discourse.org.

3 Likes