Make GUI buttons to control car

I want to control a cars throttle through a server script. The only problem is setting a cars throttle on the server doesnt seem to be doing anything. I’ve tried just setting it just once, runservice to constantly set the throttle to 1 but nothing has worked yet. Can somebody maybe assist me with this issue?

If a player is controlling the car, the throttle should actually be set locally.

Assuming the player has network ownership of the car, all physical changes should be done locally.

Hello, thank you for your help with that. I am now setting the throttle on the client. Although it doesn’t move the car, it just says that the throttle is 1 but the car is still. The car still works using WASD but not using the button.

1 Like

Perhaps try enabling the Disabled property on the vehicle seat when a character sits on it?

I don’t work much with vehicles. Not sure if that’ll allow you to manually set the vehicle’s speed and direction.

Nothing I do seems to enable to me changing it with script, I will keep looking around but this is really odd.