Make image spin in 3d

i bet nobody knows how to help me!
i want to know how to make an image spin like this.
totem-of-undying-faked-death
166026-645E8291-EAB7-4329-BE8E-5DCF7AED3648-0-1619793139

5 Likes

I think this is possible using a spritesheet. There is a community resource SpriteClip made by @nooneisback .

1 Like

ViewportFrame with a part that has a decal on it probably.

1 Like

TweenService? you can chain several by queueing or listening for the tween finished state from one before playing the next.

1 Like

as someone else pointed out whootie, you can use a viewport frame in which you can place a part in it with a decal and spin it in all x,y,z directions using cframe

You will also need to place a camera in it and set the viewports current camera, so it knows where to look from

1 Like

it seems like theres no solution for this. i want to use suirfacegui in viewportframe.
the actual question was how to spin an image and not a part with an image on it… theres no solution ):

2 Likes

or you can just use this module

1 Like

I’ve scripted something familiar to this (a coin inside of a viewportframe).
Just make a part inside of a viewportframe and add an image

1 Like

You can make an image rotate in 3D using ViewportFrames and making it spin using a spinning script please look for solutions before thinking that there is none.

Pretty sure gui objects can have negative size. Meaning, you can use some simple math.sin stuff to tween the size.

1 Like

The rocking back and forth can be easily done by tweening the Rotation property of the ImageLabel. It’s also being shrunk, so you have to tween the Size property as well. As for spinning, you can making a cheap imitation by squashing it horizontally and unsquashing it by tweening only the X component of the size. Make sure the ScaleType is Stretch, which it should be by default.

If you want something more realistic, you have to create a spritesheet and I believe Photoshop has a tool that allows you to rotate images as if it was a 3D shape.

I would use ViewportFrames with caution as they can get quite costly, but I do have to admit that it’s the best option if you want it to be realistic.

1 Like

What? How do I even use that Without autotorial

1 Like