Make it clear in the description of #collaboration that it is locked

As a Roblox developer, it is too hard to browse the #forum-help:forum-questions without seeing many topics asking why they can’t post in #collaboration anymore, and while the pinned post in #collaboration does explain this, many people likely disregard it as a ‘how to make a topic in this category’ post (as with all other pinned posts, excluding those in #updates).

Currently, the #collaboration description mentions something about an update to the category, but I believe it should be more specific that the category has been locked, rather than just ‘Update (Oct 2021)’

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because there would be less clutter in #forum-help:forum-questions regarding why people can’t post in #collaboration.

4 Likes

It is actually very clear why you can’t post there. People just don’t bother looking at the pinned topic that literally is titled as their question.

3 Likes

As stated in the OP it’s likely for people to overlook the post thinking it’s a ‘how to make a topic in this category’ post (as with all other pinned posts, excluding those in #updates). On top of this, the current description of #collaboration tries to say it’s closed without saying it, which is just confusing.

CC: @HeartBeatStoppah
I don’t see how this relates to what I said, but ok?

CC: @Abcreator
It really isn’t. Many people go to the category itself to write posts if they can’t find it in the “Create Topic” button. If you’re overlooking both the pinned message and the search results, you are either very ignorant or posting for the sake of posting which is very frowned upon here. Also, it has been mentioned that #collaboration will be closed with the announcement of the Talent Hub so at this point it’s just pure ignorance.

1 Like

Collaboration is supposed to be deleted by the end of the year so I think that changing the category description to clarify as such is a good idea. People don’t read but the category summaries are probably the most visible part of a category and have a higher chance of being seen than a pinned thread.

Category summary should make note of the fact that it’s legacy and superseded by the Talent Hub. It’s a minor change if anything and only has relevance to moderation. You, as a developer, can ignore questions about the category’s closure or flag them for spam or write that the question’s already been answered en masse by both a pinned thread and other questions threads.

2 Likes