Make it easier to find development games on mobile

There have been two recent changes to the mobile app which make testing games difficult on mobile.

• The favorites category has been moved right to the bottom of the home page, in between lots of other random categories that I as a developer do not care about.
  • Private games are no longer displayed in the recently played category.

These changes are an annoyance, so I tend to just use my mobile’s browser now. But those two methods of accessing games were not very good anyway: they mixed games being played with games being tested, and they required prior action to put them in those categories - either adding to favorites or playing beforehand through the website or on desktop.

If you work with a lot of different development places this gets particularly bothersome as you need to be manually adding/removing things from your favourites (which is silently rate limited!!!) or digging into the history of play categories.

The core problem is just that it is too difficult to find arbitrary development games on the mobile app. It would be great if there was a dedicated way to do this - something like a “creator hub” page that just lists all of the games by creator (team create, group, your own games). Maybe also a “recent” category (or alternatively, something that prioritises any games you currently have open in Studio).

This feature request should also apply to the desktop version of the Roblox app, but I don’t care as much about that since using the web is natural on desktop.

13 Likes

The lack of private games showing on the app makes the issue of testing mobile games in a private state on the app even more difficult than it already was.

I now have to manually save the URLs of testing places somewhere and access those links through my phone outside of the app to then reach the game inside the app, which is really ridiculous as it is.

Ideally there should be an easy way to access specific experiences for testing purposes (public or private) on the app that we as the user have control over.

3 Likes