Make it easier to temporarily disable all plugins for troubleshooting

As a Roblox developer, when I am troubleshooting a plugin, performance problem, or verifying a bug I’m reporting is not caused by a plugin, it is currently way too hard to temporarily disable all of my plugins without manually clicking on every single toggle in the Plugin Management window, and memorizing which plugins I had enabled so I can turn them back on.

I have over 50 plugins installed, and maybe 10-15 enabled. It’s a hassle remembering which ones I have enabled, and a hassle finding which ones are enabled so I can disable them.
Related: Plugin Management window should sort plugins into enabled and disabled sub-lists

I’d like an override toggle like this, or something equivalent. This toggle would not actually disable all of my plugins, it would simply make Studio act like they were disabled, without actually disabling them.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would be easy to temporarily disable my plugins and I wouldn’t procrastinate or entirely neglect doing so. This would make it far easier for users to check if their bug reports are valid or if their problems are caused by rogue plugins.

9 Likes

Nice request, we’ll look into this!

3 Likes

It is now possible to launch studio with an argument to load with all plugins disabled, but this is involved for non-tech-savvy users. Exposing something like this somehow through the plugin management window would be much more convenient. The last time I had to do this, even as a power user I found the hoops I needed to jump through to disable my plugins tedious, and I would not like to have to do it again.

2 Likes

This not working?