Make it so I don't have to restart the whole publish dialog on failure (filtered text)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to publish a package when the filter things that shouldn’t be filtered. It seems other publish failures also force a restart of the whole dialog. This is really annoying.

For example, “Trebuchet” is apparently filtered. This means when I go to convert my model into a package, it fails to publish. I want a chance to rename my package, especially if I’ve set other settings! Instead, I have to restart.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would be less painful to publish a new model as a package!

:heart:

25 Likes

This would be absolutely great. A lot of the time its really frustrating when things in studio get filtered. I would expect studio to either prompt you to pick a different name or description, or simply just tag the content like most areas on the site already do. Or, even a combination of both, replacing the text with the censored version so you know what is inappropriate. There have been so many times that I have repeatedly had to try again and again to publish something because I can’t figure out what word is being censored. I have this same complaint for things such as the Decal upload area.

1 Like