Make "New Games in the Cloud" Permanently Optional

As a Roblox developer, it is soon going to be too hard to keep a clean list of games in the cloud.

There’s currently a beta feature called “New Games in the Cloud” that automatically publishes any newly created place file to the website. It’s a nice feature to have for some people, but I have a habit of opening an empty baseplate to tinker for a couple minutes and then closing without saving, so the feature really isn’t ideal in my situation when I go to the Develop page and find that I now have several empty baseplates added to my list of places.

Since it’s in beta, I can just disable it, but I’d like to have the feature be permanently toggleable even once it’s released, likely through a box in the Settings menu.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would be a heck of a lot easier for me to keep a clean place inventory.

12 Likes

Are these showing up under My Games or Archive? They should always display under Archive unless you publish them or Studio doesn’t shut down properly (e.g. crashes).

It shows up under Recent within Studio, and also on the Places page. It doesn’t actually appear under Archive, but when I look into the options, it does ask me to restore the place.