Make parts move around player without rotating?

local character = workspace:WaitForChild("CleetusSama"):WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart") -- test code to try out

local DISTANCE = 10 -- radius/distance to rotate from the player.

local increment = 0

local parts = {game.Workspace:GetDescendants("CharPanel")}

local offset = 360/#parts -- make a perfect angle distance for each part no matter how many parts by dividing a whole circle by the amount of parts.

local rs = game:GetService("RunService")

rs.Heartbeat:Connect(function(dt)
	increment += dt * 10 -- number is the speed multiplyer
	print(increment)
	for i,v in pairs(parts) do -- v is the current part
		local trueOffset = offset * i
		v.Position = Vector3.new(character.Position.X + math.sin(math.rad(increment+trueOffset)) * DISTANCE,character.Position.Y ,character.Position.Z + math.cos(math.rad(increment+trueOffset)) * DISTANCE)
	end
end)

I think he meant where it says PartName

Try deleting the brackets around get decadent as that already returns a table.

you mean like this? Sorry i’m probably being dumb

I mean the curly brackets. {} delete those.

now it’s flooding the dev console with this image

Show me what you did now because you must be trying to get the decedents of the whole workspace.

try this code:

local character = workspace:WaitForChild("CleetusSama"):WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart") -- test code to try out

local DISTANCE = 10 -- radius/distance to rotate from the player.

local increment = 0

local parts = game.Workspace.CharPanel:GetDescendants()

local offset = 360/#parts -- make a perfect angle distance for each part no matter how many parts by dividing a whole circle by the amount of parts.

local rs = game:GetService("RunService")

rs.Heartbeat:Connect(function(dt)
	print(increment)
	for i,v in pairs(parts) do -- v is the current part
		local trueOffset = offset * i
		v.Position = Vector3.new(character.Position.X + math.sin(math.rad(increment+trueOffset)) * DISTANCE,character.Position.Y ,character.Position.Z + math.cos(math.rad(increment+trueOffset)) * DISTANCE)
	end
end)

its working but only for one of them

Ok, make a folder, put all those things into the folder. Name the folder something. Then replace the

local parts = game.Workspace.CharPanel:GetDescendants()

with

local parts = game.Workspace.FolderNameHere:GetChildren()

1 Like

thank you oh my god finally its working

Wonderful! If you have any more problems/questions than just ask. If its to fast or slow than you can change the number in the top of the connection.

Fun Fact: I tested the script with 10,000 parts and it worked and only 20 FPS drop

1 Like

is there a way I could make it start slow, go fast, then go slow again, and then make it stop?

Yes.

On this line:

replace with:

increment += dt * (math.abs(math.sin(tick() * 0.5)) * 10)

number inside is the rate of speed change and the outside number is the max speed`

is there a way I could make it spin once and end when a specific one is in front of the player?