Make past username list more concise (hide current/duplicate names)

Not too long ago, I changed my Roblox username for the first time. I kept it for a bit, but then changed it back. A little while later, I changed it back again. What I noticed from changing my username like this, was that when I clicked the “past usernames” button on my profile, it shows my first username twice. I assume this would go on indefinitely if I continued to change my username back and forth…

I’m not sure if this is a bug, but it is slightly annoying and I think it should be changed regardless if it was intentional or not (unless there is a valid reason for it being like this). My solution would be to have duplicate names be combined. I don’t see a need for a perfect record of all username changes. As long as all of the different usernames the user has used are there, I think it should suffice. Another part of the solution should be, if the user changes their name back to one they’ve already used, it shouldn’t show up in the “past usernames” list.

For example, my original username was Dollar500. I changed it to MrMedian, then back to Dollar500, and finally back to MrMedian. With the proposed change, my “past usernames” list should consist of only one name, “Dollar500”.

This is what it looks like currently:
Usernames

10 Likes

Forget a concise list, the lack of a scroll bar is already pretty unfortunate UX wise. I can’t scroll through my full list of usernames without going to my account settings. I’d much rather prefer a concise list from the account settings page and a scrollbar for the names list on the profile: as someone who’s changed my username over 80 times, no one can see all of my usernames.

Names shown:

Usernames from the account page:

My original username is repeated around 30 times. An x30 or something beside the username would feel much better than seeing it over and over again in the list.

10 Likes

Good point. No need for these to mutually exclusive either. We could have a scrollable concise list on both the profile and the account settings page. Or maybe the account settings page could not be concise. I can see a use case for knowing your own exact username history, but for the public facing list on your profile, I think it should be as short as possible. Both should be scrollable of course.

3 Likes