Make 'Restart' window after changing settings smarter

Capture

When you change a setting in the studio settings window, whenever you close it it will show a message asking to restart studio even if the changed setting doesn’t need studio to restart. I need to change the “Show Hidden Objects in Explorer” setting a lot for plugin development, and don’t want explorer filled with useless instances

Mark which settings actually need studio to be restarted so developers don’t accidentally press the bright blue ‘Restart’ button and end up wasting time waiting for studio to restart

18 Likes

Yes! This is especially annoying when searching for things! It will just pop up if I type the wrong character in.

2 Likes

Ran into this again today. I don’t even understand why this is a pop-up in the first place if it isn’t smart enough to detect which settings require a restart. If the feature is not going to specify whether or not I will have to restart the studio for my current change(s), then wouldn’t it be better to have this message at the top of the settings window as a banner? That way it wouldn’t get in the way whenever I change settings of which I know if they require a restart or not.

4 Likes

IMO modals in general are bad UX, Roblox Studio should try to purge all of its modals.

2 Likes

I hate this modal. It surprises me and wastes my time every single time I open the settings window. This should be built into the window as an additional button so it doesn’t get in my way. You can just grey it out until setting changes have been made.

3 Likes