Make teams not replicate to client

Is it possible to make them not replicate to client unless specifically called for? I would have to do this on the server.
If its not possible i’d just remake the teams stuff but if its possible i’d rather not.

(So like normally when I assign player1 to team1 on the server, plr2 sees it as well. Would it be possible for me to make it so unless the server tells plr2, plr2 won’t know what team plr1 is on?)

Could you provide a bit more information? For example, do you want plr1 to appear on that team for them, and plr1 to appear on a different team to plr2? Or do you want all clients to know that plr1 is on the team, and just not see it?
Could you also please provide the script?

i think your only option is to make your own custom team system in server storage

1 Like

I am asking wether if its possible to make player1 not appear on any team unless the server allows a specific client to know

so like if plr1 is on team1, noone should know that except the server, except when the server specifically tells a client “plr1 is on team1”

I aint got no script cuz theres nothing to script if I don’t even know if its possible to script or not

If the server makes that happen, it will be visible for every client, in the sense they can see it on the leaderboard. If you want it to be the same for every client, but just the clients not to know about it, you would have to disable the leaderboard using game.StarterGUI:SetCoreGuiEnabled(gui here, false).

There is a Enum.CoreGuiType regarding the leaderboard but I can’t remember what it’s called.

1 Like

You’d only be able to do this with a custom team system, there’s not really anyway to control what does and doesn’t get replicated in those instances. You could make a custom leaderboard like @12345koip suggested, but exploiters would still be able to see everyone’s teams.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.