Make the comment system more usable

I want to use the comment system as a means of communicating with players. Because not everyone bothers joining a group to voice their opinions, especially the ones giving harsh criticism or whatnot.

It should be if you are the developer or a developer of a group game,then they can post comments at a much quicker rate than everyone else.

blob.png

blob.png

8 Likes

Also make a filter so it stops bots from spamming sites and whatnot…

reply system, notifications, mark as spam, pls

2 Likes
  • and let the group devs & game owners post past the 200 character limit to reply to a bunch of feedback at once without spamming
  • and pinnable
  • and notifies the replied-to person when you use @username
5 Likes

Nexusmod’s comment system works wonderfully, so I’d suggest something similar to what they use. As both a mod creator and a mod user, it’s been excellent at providing and allowing me to communicate feedback on mods, whose feedback doesn’t differ that much from what you’d see from ROBLOX games.

We had a thread at some time where the creator of the place could flag posts as deleted, and then there would be a checkbox which would show also the comments that the creator deleted next to the other comments. I’d really like that personally.

This would be clutch. In fact, the 200 character limit seemed a little half-baked. It didn’t prevent people from making those “spam cleaner” posts (wherein they just press enter a lot), but when someone had something long to say, they couldn’t. Maybe the goal was to make the comment posts unsubstantial, though? It would be like twitter where they ensure everything is easily digested…

I would love this. I take comments pretty seriously because I’m not on the front page of anything. :slight_smile:
Usually, I like knowing where the activity is, and what people have to say about my stuff.

As for the original point, that would be a nice feature. There’s no reason why I’m not allowed to spam my own comment wall. :stuck_out_tongue:

Comments seem to have a ways to go, though!

This please and thank you. I just went to type in update information into the comments, and this was all I could post: “Update: Apparently there is a ROBLOX bug with unioning parts with no parent that would cause studio to crash. I’ve fixed this by parenting them to somewhere before unioning them, so make sure to updat”

200 characters is far from enough for me to communicate with other people.