Make the health bar behave like it used to

So as a player who has been playing Roblox for a while now I remember the old health bar always appearing above someone’s head, I wanted to try and make it so that the health bar always is visible again, is there any possible way of doing this?

you can change the display type to AlwaysOn in the humanoid of the character.

On the server, you’d need to change the players’ humanoids’ HealthDisplayType to AlwaysOn:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
    player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
        local hum = char:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
        hum.HealthDisplayType = Enum.HumanoidHealthDisplayType.AlwaysOn
    end)
end)
1 Like

Go to StarterPlayer, and set the healthdisplaytype to AlwaysOn.
Edit: Oops, it’s a humanoid property, not located in StarterPlayer

2 Likes

Where would this be located? I cannot see the property.

The property in StarterPlayer doesn’t exist, so you’d have to change it via script. The script should be in ServerScriptService

I put the script in there as a normal script but it doesn’t work???

It could be the fact that Roblox has their new player ui, in that case do you know if theres a way to get the old player list?

If you want the player to see their own health bar above their head, you’ll have to make your own gui above their head using a BillboardGui (afaik). I believe there’s no way to revert to the old player list, other than having to remake it.

To other players, they should be able to see the player’s healthbar

I don’t want my own gui /\ theres an example idk if you were around when that was there but I am trying to get the complete 2016 look back.

the player list has nothing to do with the humanoid HealthDisplayType at all, since the player list is a core script. If you want to see the healthbar yourself as well the only way is to make your own gui. I am afraid there is no other way to solve your issue.

Edit: Other than that @Raretendoblox script should have the health bar showing for everyone else.

What I meant was you’ll probably have to recreate it. I doubt there is an option to get back the old health bar from the coregui, since there is a health bar in the top right where the player’s name is, which would basically make the health bar above the player’s head redundant. The only solution would be to recreate the health bar as how it was

Btw, I wasn’t around on roblox in 2016, I joined in 2017 :crazy_face: