Make the player stand on a tween moving platform like Tower Of Hell

Hey there, I am trying to achieve moving platforms which players can stand on, just like Tower of hell.
The easiest way to make the platforms is obviously tweening the platforms but players can’t stand on them.
I have tried using physics based options such as AlignPosition, Prismatic constraints ( which do move the players with them because of the physics ) but they all seem to have performance issues or are generally unstable

1 Like

Please check online first as you can often find this stuff online quickly.

2 Likes

I have seen this video before, wouldn’t it be unoptimized tho? i feel like using RunService to move the player along the player would create a lot of lag when there’s multiple moving parts and players standing on them

2 Likes

As long as you run it client wise, you’ll be fine. It’s the same thing Tower of Hell does. ← Run it client wise, I mean. I do not know how Tower of Hell does their movement, I just know it’s handled by the client.

3 Likes

Ok great! I’ll try it and come back with an update thanks

1 Like

Okay i tried and it does work with no lag tysm!!!

2 Likes

Another question, I’ve got to making rotating parts and i thought of using a similar method, new AssemblyAngularVelocity obviously will rotate the player not move it with the platform, so how would i go about converting Orientation into AssemblyLinearVelocity so the player moves with the rotating part?

Sorry but I don’t know how to go about this, it’s not something I usually work on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.