Make the proccess getting into devforum harder!

By browing the forum enough time until you hit the threshold to Member promotion you have proved to be willing to learn things. And using a form was literally how the application process worked.

It was started in January 2019. One year ago. Time flies doesn’t it?

i dont think that older developers (college students and higher mainly) realize that roblox is a childrens game (even though it isn’t rated as only for kids, its pretty clear its directed to kids <15). obviously you shouldnt expect these kids who want to be a developer and come on the devforum to act like someone who is 18+ because roblox wasn’t meant to be a place for professional developers to come and make games, it was originally intended for kids/teens to learn how to code and create their own games. anyone who wishes to make a game with a professional staff shouldn’t be using roblox if you don’t want all these kids coming on the devforum.

2 Likes

The problem is browsing is super easy to do. It doesn’t really prove you were willing to learn. I could just click random topics and scroll. A answer or forum sort of thing would encourage deeper thinking

It does. It shows you were so interested in development you spent hours and hours reading.

not everyone is experienced here and that’s a major reason why the process became automated, so it didn’t feel like an elite club that you have to be accepted in.

I see where you’re coming from but usually it’s from a lot of beginners and that’s why before you get a solution to OPs problem, there’s at least someone saying it’s already been posted.

1 Like

Well, yah, the problem comes of the people who are not really comming to learn not the ones who actually want to learn and scroll through the forum.

I’ve seen a lot of these “Please make me a script for x” or “Please tell me the best thing to learn how to script” too, but this doesn’t mean that all the people that get into the DevForum are like that.
I’ve seen many serious scripters/builders/modelers/ecc… that since their first day into the DevForun were motivated to learn and to understand, asking serious things.
In my opinion there should be some sort of “Quality filter” to check if the post asks something serious or not, maybe checking if there has yet been a post similiar to this one or if another post like this got deleted.

yes I am not saying everyone is like that that would obviously be an over exageration. Im mainly pointing out the people who do do that.

Wanting to block users that “don’t want to learn” comes off as elitist. That is how many developers start. First they “don’t learn” or don’t look like they do but then they end up being independent. We should be able to let them learn gradually.

1 Like

If they don’t want to learn whats the point of accepting them into the forum tho? Can’t they join when they actually are intrested

some people might tend to get involved on the forum as a way to get recognition and be seen as ‘elite’ but that’s not the whole point.

everyone starts somewhere, right?

definitely does, forums were empty in 2017-2018, hah

I guess I agree, but if people don’t have an intreset in actually learning what’s the point of letting them into the forum.

Because it is a public resource and nobody should be blocked for having very little experience.

1 Like

If it really bothers you that much that people are doing these things, then feel free to leave the devforum and create your own community. There are currently other communities similar to the devforum that have more restrictions on posts, such as Hidden Developers that has all of their posts go through a quick moderation check. Otherwise, you could start up a forums community and set your own rules.

I understand what you are saying, but Roblox isn’t going to change how you can come into the devforum to make it harder. I can 100% guarantee you that. The very first day there were tons of topics asking for the process to be more restrictive, and nothing changed because it wouldn’t really be fair.

The Devforum isn’t meant to be elite and you shouldn’t be on here if you think you are above other developers.

6 Likes

I too agree with what others are saying, the DevForums shouldn’t be restricted to those who can create quality assets.

Moreover, a system like this wouldn’t be scalable; hence why the application system was scrapped.

6 Likes

Well Im not saying only let people who make quality assets let people who have atleast something even a simple house ect

My answer to this answer and post, yes and no.

I’ve seen people asking for someone to create a script that was already made before or answered in a previous topic like a couple of years ago or weeks.

The user who wants to get in might wants to learn to script or see tutorials and resources that were made and created to teach others on the forums on how to do this or especially take something and maybe manage it a bit in order to learn something inside of that resource.

Having to block off many developers in the community from the forums is a bad idea, they might need feedback on some sort of building or tips for building, art feedback or tips for it as well, and the list goes on from there with many topics being created each day that were either solved by many posts before the OP post was created and was solved by some users in that post as well.

This is what bothers me a lot for some people on the forums, people SHOULD NOT be blocked off something that they can grow up and earn money or learn something new while playing Roblox or something new anytime, any day, or anywhere if they want to learn to ask questions. :slight_smile:

I remember joining the Forums in 2018, I was very happy with what I was seeing and wanting to create a game or showcase on the platform, seeing tutorials and feedback and bugs and features that were amazing to witness and I realized it was an opportunity for me to help my family and show my friends what amazing things I can do in order to become a great and successful developer.

Don’t make the process hard for new developers or users trying to learn or showoff something new to the community. :+1:

In the end, no one should be blocked off from something that they want to learn and create on the platform, and no one has the power to block them off as well, it’s a free forum and place to ask questions and showoff amazing creations being made everyday! :happy4:

2 Likes

I don’t want the forum to become even more elitist then it already is. And just because you’e not good at developing does not mean you can’t access the forum.

Isn’t that what the forum is for, to ask questions?

It should be easy to learn.

1 Like

I never really meeant if you aren’t good at developing. I mean someone who atleast tried to develop or make something

What if that was taken from a tutorial? Would they need to search the entire world-wide-web to double check?

This certainly wouldn’t be possible to validate, neither would it be possible to scale up to - many people join the DevForums per day.

2 Likes