Making 3D baggy clothes

There’s a game on Roblox called Azure Night Sky.
I noticed their 3D clothes had this baggy clothes feel which I’ve been trying to achieve for a long time in blender and I’m struggling with it since I’m a beginner.
Are there any tools/methods that would help me create this kind of thing?
I’ve thought about using sculpting but I’m not really experienced with it and I don’t know if its the correct tool to use for this.
Here are the images to the clothes:

5 Likes

There are a few ways to make the baggy/wrinkle effect. Hope this helps :smiley:

Sculpting is one method that if you understand how to properly make a part that can easily be sculpted under 10k tris and are able to do that without leaving dents/weird mutated planes then it can be effective. From the photos given, it does look like they are sculpted but it may just be the smooth settings.

Another way is to make a block clothing around a rig then using angled loop cuts expand, shrink and drag the layers around to give the impression of being baggy. (A guy on Youtube called Furapan made an ok video about it)

3 Likes

It’s this video here right?
He does make baggy clothes but I’m looking for more smoothness.
Looks like sculpting is a way to go but just as you said, the mesh needs to be right.
Do you have any material I can look into to make a sculptable part?

2 Likes

Blender does allow you to turn blocky models into smooth ones. You can right-click and set it to shade smooth or use a modifier called Subdivision surface (beware this may up the tris). I haven’t seen anyone make a video on sculpted clothing sorry.

This is one of the problems I find with the blender Roblox side. Some videos show what you need but execute in a poor way or they use different outdated versions.

1 Like

So I have to figure it out myself, trial and error.
Thanks, appreciate the help.

3 Likes

just use welds and meshes to make clothes baggy :slight_smile:

1 Like

maybe you could try this but try to get a better shape (its what he did with the pillow in this video)

1 Like