Making a 3-person Cutscene Were to Start?

Hello developers, :wave:t5: my question is it possible to make a 3rd person cutscene and how can I achieve this with blender without affecting the customized character made by the player?

2 Likes

Yes, you would just need to handle the cutscene starting from the server, you can then use RemoteInstances to fire various clients all at the same time and then on the clients side locally perform the camera manipulations required to carry out the cutscene.

1 Like

You can use current camera, create a folder of parts that you want the camera to go (or just positions I prefer parts) then add them to a folder, you then add them to an table in the order they are suppose to transition. Then you can loop through the folder using for loop and changing the currentcamera position.

thanks for the advice but too many parts in the game can cause crashes I prefer a blender camera or something :man_shrugging:t5:

You don’t have to use parts, like I said, you can use positions, my part example was just if you aren’t very advanced. You can just create tables with just the positions

local cameraPositions = {
1 = x, y, z
2 = x, y, z
etc.
}
1 Like

can you go into more detail? how do find the exact position of the camera in blender?

Blender? Do you mean the 3d modeling software?

1 Like

Yea, but I have a better idea when a player press a proximity prompt it stops the player from moving and plays a animation after the animation is played waits (5) seconds until it resumes the player back to its normal state :thinking:

Call me crazy but I had a dream about this working

Not sure what you mean, I thought you meant in roblox

yea, at first I said blender but now I have an idea of how the result will look like but I don’t know where to start. I was thinking of a prompt that when triggered it freezes the player and after the animation is finished it waits a couple of seconds then resumes the player back to its original state.

EDIT: it freezes the player and stops the mouse from roatating

So use an proximity prompt and when it is triggered change the camera type to scriptable and tween between the positions.

1 Like

But do you know how the script would be able to freeze the players movement until the animation is finished??

Yes, before you start you should set the walkspeed to 0 or anchor the humanoid, once finished undo it

2 Likes