Making a Color Picker

Hello, I’m trying to make a color picker, i know this topic was already here but, most of the scripts are not understand-able for me i know how i could make it in my head but i need to know, is it even possible to access image’s color (the image’s one not object’s one) or if there are any other way’s to make one, Thanks for any help!

3 Likes

There is no way to read the data from an image, meaning you would not be able to get a color from a certain part of an image. You should be using the image to represent your color picker while performing the calculations in the background to end up with the same color as the mouse is on.

Alright but could you explain a bit more please?

What kind of color picker are you looking to make? Do you want one with 3 bars each controlling red/green/blue separately?
Do you want three bars controlling the hue, saturation, and value?

Do you want a 2d space to control 2 variables and a bar to control the third?

For example, this wheel controls the hue by the angle of the dot and the saturation by the radius. It’d be used with a slider for the value of a color.
This square controls the value on the y axis and the saturation on the x. It’d be used with a slider for the hue of a color

The point is: there are many many ways to create a color picker. Which display type are you going for? If you mean that you want to make an eyedropper tool to pick a color from an image, that’s a little harder and requires exporting the image to another place besides roblox via http.

3 Likes

i’m trying to go with square one, and implement HSV bars next to it

So i made a color picker based on HSV bars, i will close this topic now, thanks for any help!

Could you please explain how you went by doing this? I’m having trouble making a Color Picker based on HSV and I can’t find anything explaining it.

Hi, I’ve lost the code but, I basically did this: place 3 bars with a “scrollbar” (implemented with a script, could probably use a scrollingframe), and create an HSV value based on how much the scrollbar has scrolled relative to the container’s height.

2 Likes

Got it to work, Thanks! man the 30char minimum

2 Likes