Making a Discord-Trelloban Bot

Hello! I am Cam, I’ve been a Roblox builder for just over 2 years and am now just exploring the scripting world for about 1. I’m looking for a bot for my roblox game (more specifically Trello) to moderate my game. I need this bot to when a command is run in discord (e.x /tban {Roblox-user} {reason}) For it to make a card in a certain Trello list with the roblox username and userid as the title, while also putting in the reason and discord user that banned them. I would then connect this list to Adonis or Basic Admin as my API for the game.

First, I have really no idea where to start with this. I’ve looked at hosting sites (glitch/repl) for this as I know I will need it. I have some/no idea on how to write the code although I have basic information code written down.

The reason I really make this topic is because I have tried to follow Discord-Trello-Roblox Ban bot
tutorial but it is VERY OUTDATED due to Trello, glitch, and uptimerobot changing the way the operate. This is the base of all my code am I am really hoping for someone to be able to better explain and help me make this.

(I know this might now be the right category. PLEASE DO NOT get all mad about it. This is the most relatable category for this topic.)

Coding a discord bot is different from coding with roblox’s luau, as you can code discord bots in javascript, python, etc. I would recommend you try and go with making the discord bot side first, maybe start off with a general discord bot with commands and other features you would possibly want, such as application commands, message buttons, embeds, etc. Once you have that portion done try and get a seperate project made that can interact with a trello, once you are comfortable with both then move onto actually merging the 2 into 1 project. Once you have that done and have the discord portion of things done you could then begin getting the roblox side of things done, I would say if you are going to use for example, Adonis for trello bans you could learn how adonis likes to have its ban cards or whatever it uses formatted, modify your existing discord bot code to match said formatting. But before you get into actually trying to program these systems I would recommend learning the languages you will likely use, for example JavaScript (Discord) + Luau (Roblox) or Python (Discord) + Luau (Roblox)

1 Like

I would say if you are going to use JavaScript use node.js and the npm package discord.js, and from there when you need help go seek support on other appropriate platforms

I know python, and lua. Have already done so and I was gonna try to merge them. Just not sure how to do Trello.

how to do trello in python? or lua? or just in general? Im positive there are tutorials on them, just have to look around enough!

Trello in python. If you could provide a tutorial that would be a great help as I cannot find one myself.

You need to first code a discord bot that can do commands. You’ll then need to learn about the roblox & trello API & how to make requests. I’d recommend doing all of this with a python discord library & the requests (I think that’s what it’s called) library since you said you know some python.

Here’s a bot I made a while back that you can look at to see how you can make requests & get data. GitHub - CxntBerry/Hindsight: A bot that allows you to send the current amount of players on a roblox game to a discord webhook

Goodluck.

Thanks! I appreciate the help as I try to get into this. I am also looking at Discord-Trello-Roblox Ban bot to see if I can make it up to date. Any help with that would be great as well.

And if I may, how did you host the bot? I was thinking about using Repl, then pinging it with Uptimerobot but now it looks like I am no longer able to do that.

I hosted the bot on my pc however if youre gonna use this for an extended time id recommend buying a virtual private server.

Yeah. I think I’m going to use Discloudbot as the host for my code. I am using Visual Studio Code as of current hosting of my PC.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.