Making a game popular

I am now planning to make my game popular, and I know it costs robux. I’m not rich but I still want to spend them. But I don’t know what is a good amount to spend to make it popular. Does anyone know a great amount and where to spend them?

6 Likes

Do you mind me asking what type of game it is?

Obby game and simulator
Maybe obby first?

1 Like

well first for obbys you need a target audience as by most games do.
Do you want a more difficult obby or simply basic obby?
Everything should also be really colorful, good SFX and VFX are gonna be needed.

4 Likes

its a troll obby where you do parkour but you get trolled

1 Like

Depends on what your budget is.
Without knowing that all I can tell you is to distribute your funds slowly, roblox needs 10-20 days to start recommending a game by itself, so don’t spend everything one day/week, and make sure to use the right settings in the ad campaign(Make sure to do 0.01 on the acquisition part)

2 Likes
  • Create a unique theme or storyline for your obby. Players are more likely to play something that stands out from the crowd.

• Ensure your obby has a balanced difficulty curve. Start with easier levels and gradually increase the challenge. This helps keep players engaged without frustrating them.

• Invest time in making your game look good. Use high-quality textures, lighting, and effects to make your obby visually appealing.

• Test your obby thoroughly to ensure smooth gameplay. Fix any bugs or glitches that might disrupt the player’s experience.

• Introduce different types of obstacles and challenges to keep the gameplay fresh and interesting.

• Add rewards for completing levels and achievements for reaching milestones. This adds an extra layer of motivation for players.

• Keep your game updated with new levels, features, and improvements. This keeps your current player base engaged and attracts new players.

• Engage with your player community through social media, Discord servers, and Roblox groups. Listen to their feedback and make improvements based on their suggestions.

• Run promotions, such as double XP weekends or special events, to attract more players.

1 Like

I have 800 robux, is that good

bro the minimum is 2800 or something for ads, you are out of luck

I’m sorry to tell you but you’re at least going to need 10k to do a successful campaign, if I was you I’ll try doing commissions to get funding and experience.

If I have 10k then where do I spend them?

1 Like

All on advertising, try doing about 3k over two days, and if the data that your game collects is good(High engagement, ideally 10min or more, good like/dislike ratio…), keep advertising for 10 days or more spending the same each day, targeting the device and age that did best during the first two testing days.

1 Like

so is it the ads on roblox page

I think its good to spend 25k on advertising. If you want the game to stay alive you should consider natural growth tho (which is free).

where is natural growth? idk where it is

Just let the game grow by itself

is it the ads that show on the roblox page?

Personally, starting from scratch I would make a Minimal Viable Product (MVP). Based on the past comments, you need to figure out how to make the gameplay feel fresh, unique, target audience and gameplay loop.

You need to keep improving on the game, you have to show effort that the game has potential and drives interest for people to play it and advertise it via word of mouth. And don’t forget to collect feedback.

Most Roblox Advertising is expensive, ideally you want to advertise it if you have 5K+. If you don’t have it, start small and let it grow by itself and show theres potential in the game.

when i let my game grow it gets like 50 views and like it gets 0 after that and it might get more later and my game is dead after

You shouldn’t spend a lot of robux, first you can try free ways which are actually best most of the time if you start, first of all i would complete 50% of the game, obbies and clickers are pretty simple, soo you should do that without funds on your own, when you this 50%, you can collect few friends or people who are interested, leak a bit of info about game, not too much

After making community of about 20 people do this:

1. Complete game and hire testers, make them engaged and active
  2. Build bigger community, try to use free discord servers for promotions, also your community might help you, your friends, your family ect.
  3. You can use tiktok or youtube to make short videos, such as dev log or maybe playthrough, use dev forum feedback to maybe ask people what to improve, and some of them might join, make game replayable, it’s key!
  4. When you collected some community and maybe estabilished stable playerbase, you can invest some robux into the game and advertise it, remember to still continue with invites and dev log, youtube can help, after this campaing with your small community and updates you can drive game into the popular page

The worst part is building game, after that making it popular is easier than creating it from scratch, soo remember, don’t give up and you’ll be fine