Making a game using only meshes?

I know you don’t really want any scripts/scripting in your game/place @ProxySystems However I still recommend at-least adding CFrame scripts to your game/place🙂

2 Likes

Thanks alot, I assume that the majority of the meshes won’t have that much polygons, so I will of course use parts whenever I can, but because I want a very detailed map, I think using meshes is best.

1 Like

You can use a Plugin on Blender meant for VrChat Called Cats. This plugin has a lot of great features and helps you reduce poly-count and vertices🙂

This plugin works for roblox models as well🛠

Yeah, more detailed places definitely benefit on meshes.

Adding onto what @v0mpir said, the decimate modifier is useful sometimes too, depending on how much you want to reduce the polycount. If it is too much, your mesh will get destroyed, you can undo it by removing the modifier obviously.

1 Like

I will of course use TweenService on stuff such as doors and gates. Perhaps gonna make elevators too so I assume that will be a bit more complicated when it comes to the building part as I am unfamiliar on how smooth it will go, and if the performance will lack.

1 Like

This is off-topic but are Github links allowed?

1 Like

I’ve seen many people sending Github links so I assume it is.

1 Like

Yeah, they are allowed. Quote from the official devforum rules:

2 Likes

@ProxySystems and @7z99 Okay, thanks for the heads up both of you two. Anyways, keep up the great work🙂

1 Like

Thank you! And thank yall for the answers :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

No worries.

No worries, good luck with the game! Feel free to reach out if you need any more support!