Three-Strike System of Moderation
We have a cumulative three-strike system on the Developer Forum that determines punishment lengths and types. Here’s a description of each strike and how you can receive them:
Upon breaking some of the behavioral-related rules listed below, you will be sent a warning message by a member of the Developer Engagement Team. This warning comes with a 1-day suspension from the Developer Forum and counts as your first strike - you will be told very clearly that this is a strike. If you continue to break rules within 3 months of the first strike, you will be given Strike Two.
Upon continuing to break rules of the Developer Forum after receiving your first strike, you will receive Strike Two, which comes with another warning message and a 5-day suspension from the Developer Forum. After this point, continuing to break rules within 3 months of receiving your second strike will result in you receiving Strike Three.
Having accumulated a third strike within 60 days of your second strike, you will be sent a message notifying you of your permanent removal from the Developer Forum. Strike Three is a permanent removal from the forum and, depending on the severity of the issue, may result in moderation action against your Roblox account.
In certain cases, severe offenses can result in skipping Strike One and going immediately to Strike Two or Strike Three. We’ve created a table to better explain how rule-breaking correlates to strikes, located below the following rules:
Disclaimer: Moderators of this forum have the discretion to change/edit/delete any content they feel is inappropriate.
1. This forum is designed to foster collaboration and communication in the Roblox developer community. All users are expected to be mature and civil. Trolling, flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
1.1 Personal attacks are when something negative is said about a person, rather than said about their behavior or their work. Even if the negative statement is true, personal attacks are not allowed here. Stick to posting constructive criticism about a person’s behavior or work. Posts containing criticism should also include suggestions for improvement. This rule applies to individuals, as well as to groups and teams.
2. There are certain things that should remain out of any and all posts or threads. These topics include (but are not limited to);
2.2 Hate speech
2.3 Gender bias
2.6 Discriminatory language
These topics will be removed and can result in forum suspension or outright bans.
3. Keep discussion within the subject of the thread (on-topic). If you want to change the subject, create a new thread.
4. Disagreement and constructive criticism are welcome, but rude behavior is not. Insulting or derogatory posts will be deleted.
5. Every reply should have a meaningful and contributive response.
6. The private sections of the forum are mature enough for occasional swear words for emphasis. That said, do not direct swear words at other members or use sexual/extreme language.
6.1 Directed swearing or extreme language is prohibited on all categories of the Developer Forum
7. Spam posts and threads will be removed. Do not post the same topic repetitively or repeat the same post within a thread. Spam includes posts like “bump” or “first” that do not add to the content of the discussion.
8. Do not make posts regarding Developer Forum moderation. If you disagree with moderation actions on the forum, discuss it in private with the moderators.
8.1. Do not reply aggressively to moderation or feedback messages. If you want to discuss a moderation action or feedback message that you’ve received, you are expected to do so in a civil manner. Inappropriate, derogatory, or offensive replies to these messages will result in punishment.
9. If you have a critical bug that urgently needs to be investigated, start your post with the phrase “[ROBLOXCRITICAL]”. This is used to alert admins right away to the issue. A critical bug must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
9.1 A reproducible crash (Studio, game or website shutting down or returning a fatal error 100% of the time when a set of steps are followed)
9.2 Loss of data (either through Data Stores or Data Persistence)
9.4 Preventing all players from connecting to a game and affecting multiple Roblox games.
10. We take critical bugs very seriously and will not respond well to spam or inappropriate reports. Abuse of the system will result in punitive measures.
11. Posts consisting of memes, puns and meme-related GIFs, should only be posted in the Lounge categories, and are not appropriate outside of Lounge. (Lounge is only accessible for Members)
12. In every category except Bulletin Board, please do not post on behalf of non-Developer Forum members.
13. Do not bump threads! (You are only allowed to bump threads if you have more information to add to the thread.)
14. Our community is gauged for Developers aged 13 years and older. Therefore there should not be any references to illicit or extreme content anywhere on the Developer Forum. This includes (but is not limited to) adult content and use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
14.1. You may not post NSFW/adult content on the Developer Forum. Intentionality is a factor - anything that is borderline or questionably NSFW will be considered unintentional, whereas any post that is very clearly NSFW will be considered intentional. The punishments for both differ, as you can see below in the Three-Strike System.
15. You are not permitted to accept any kind of payment for using the Developer Forum by proxy. This includes creating threads or posts for another user. Additionally, you may not sell access to features you obtain through membership, such as Beta User features available to those in the member role set on the Developer Forum. Engaging in these activities will result in immediate removal from the Developer Forum.
15.1 You are not allowed to create new Bug Reports or Feature Requests for other people. This includes non-Developer Forum members and those in the New Member role set. Instead, please re-direct them to group-PM our Lead Top Contributors privately so their topic can be manually created.
The message title should be “Request: Posting Bug Report or Feature Request”. New Members should post their thread in Bulletin Board and link that in the PM. Visitors should include their post in their DM so that a Lead Top Contributor can post on their behalf.
15.2 You may make threads in the Bulletin Board section for other people, provided you are not doing so in exchange for money or anything else.
15.3 You may not make any other type of thread for other people.
16. Posting the content of private sections or otherwise privileged information posted within the private sections of this forum is a severe breach of our trust in you, as both a developer and community member, and will result in your immediate removal from the Developer Forum.
17. You may not use the Developer Forum to request donations, whether it be in Robux, real-world currency, or otherwise, or perform fundraising endeavors.
18. Do not solicit other developers or Roblox employees to advertise products, services, or anything else.
19. Do not claim credit for work that you did not create. This includes, but is not limited to: building, scripting, compositions, animations, 3D models, and artwork.
Public Section Rules
1. The updates section of the forum is readable by the public, and therefore has tighter rules regarding commenting. Normal forum rules apply, but there are several guidelines specific to this section that will be enforced strictly. Any violation of guidelines will result in immediate action.
2. No profanity whatsoever.
3. Threads must remain on-topic.
3.1 For example: If the post announces a feature, do not discuss unrelated features in the same thread.
4. Stay polite! We encourage earnest discussion of topics; you may disagree completely with any number of users, systems, or practices but we trust you to present your arguments respectfully and politely. Everyone’s opinion matters!
5. The public updates section of the forum will be under strict scrutiny; if a moderator interprets that any of these rules have been violated action will be taken swiftly and with no reprieve.
Section Specific Rules
Feature Requests Specific Rules
1. Please be considerate about other members who might have posted the same feature request you are asking for. Please do a quick search before posting in this section. If you see a duplicate, make sure to flag the thread and a moderator will merge the topic with the original feature request.
2. Always remember to post under the correct sub-category!
3. Post constructive feedback only in this section, and do not post things such as “I do not like this change.” without suggesting ways for improvement.
4. Posts consisting of memes, puns and meme-related GIFs are not appropriate here. They may only be posted in Lounge categories (accessible to Members).
5. Please make sure to read this thread before posting in this section: Posting format for Feature Requests
Bug Reports Specific Rules
1. Please be considerate about other members who might have posted the same bug you are reporting. Please do a quick search before posting in this section. If you see a duplicate, make sure to flag the thread and a moderator will merge the topic with the original bug report.
2. Always remember to post under the correct sub-category!
3. Please make sure to read this thread before posting in this section: Please Read Before Posting: Steps to Report a Bug
Moderation Review Requests Specific Rules
1. This section of the forum is designed for you to appeal moderation actions against your assets on Roblox. This is not a venue to discuss forum moderation.
2. This section is for questions about your recently moderated assets or content. For other moderation actions, please submit a support ticket and select “Moderation”. Report players violating the TOS with the “Report Abuse” feature. For stolen games, please submit a support ticket and select the appropriate option. We can’t assist with accounts or assets that don’t belong to you.
3. If you have questions about moderation in general please review our guidelines here: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules-
Private Bugs; Exploit Reports Specific Rules
1. This category of the Developer Forum should only be used when a bug or exploit you wish to report could be used maliciously if posted in the public bugs category.
2. Please do not post about stolen games, scam places or off-site scam websites. Use the report abuse button.
3. What to do If I want my exploit report to not be visible to others?
Contact @ConvexHero directly on the Developer Forums
Bulletin Board Specific Rules
1. Please do not post off-site links in this section, as the content posted here will be shared on the Roblox website. Only links allowed are Twitter, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch and Trello.
2. Do not post about giveaways!
3. We allow users in this section to post on behalf of others. (Even those who are not members of this forum)
4. Please do not use profanity as the content seen here will be shared on the Roblox website.
- Developers in the ‘New Member Program’ might use the category to temporarily post bug reports or feature requests until a @Lead_Top_Contributor approves the thread.
Note: No preceding letters indicates General Rules; “P” = Public; “BB” = Bulletin Board; “FR” = Feature Requests; “BR” = Bug Reports; “MRR” = Moderation Review Requests; “ER” = Exploit Reports. ** For example, “BB4” would be Rule 4 of the Bulletin Board Specific Rules, and “4” would be Rule 4 of the Global Rules.**
|Broken Rule||Number of Strikes||Correlating Punishment|
|14.1; Intended NSFW content||3||Permanent removal|
|16; Posting the contents of the private sections of the forum outside of the private sections||3||Permanent removal|
|19; Claiming others’ work as your own||3||Permanent removal|
|14.1; Unintended NSFW content||2||3-day suspension|
|1; 1.1; Trolling, flaming, personal attacks||1||1-day suspension|
|2 (2.1 - 2.6); Off-limits subjects||1||1-day suspension|
|4; Insulting or derogatory posts||1||1-day suspension|
|6; 6.1; Extreme language / inappropriate language directed at other users||1||1-day suspension|
|8; 8.1; Complaining about Developer Forum moderation action or feedback messages outside of DMs/replying inappropriately to these messages||1||1-day suspension|
|14; References to illicit content||1||1-day suspension|
|18; Soliciting/advertising to others via PM||1||1-day suspension|
|P4; Disrespectful/impolite argument in public topic||1||1-day suspension|
|3; Straying off topic||0||Feedback message|
|5; Meaningless/non-contributive response||0||Feedback message|
|7; Spam posts/topics||0||Feedback message|
|9; 10; Misuse of “ROBLOXCRITICAL” in bug reports||0||Feedback message|
|11; Posting memes/puns/meme-related GIFs outside of the Lounge||0||Feedback message|
|12; Posting on behalf of non-Developer Forum members outside of the Bulletin Board||0||Feedback message|
|13; Bumping topics||0||Feedback message|
|15 (15.1-15.3) Using the Developer Forum for other users (acting as a proxy)||0||Feedback message|
|P2; Profanity in public section||0||Feedback message|
|P3; Off-topic discussion in public topics||0||Feedback message|
|FR1; Duplicate feature request||0||Feedback message|
|FR2; Incorrect sub-category||0||Feedback message|
|FR3; Nonconstructive feedback||0||Feedback message|
|FR4; Memes/puns/meme-related GIFs||0||Feedback message|
|FR5; Posting without using the required Feature Request format||0||Feedback message|
|BR1; Duplicate bug report||0||Feedback message|
|BR2; Incorrect sub-category||0||Feedback message|
|BR3; Posting without using the required Bug Report format||0||Feedback message|
|MRR1; Discussing Developer Forum moderation||0||Feedback message|
|MRR2; Posting on behalf of other users||0||Feedback message|
|ER1; Misusing the category||0||Feedback message|
|ER2; Posting about stolen games/scam places/scam websites||0||Feedback message|
|BB1; Posting off-site links||0||Feedback message|
|BB2; Posting giveaways||0||Feedback message|
|BB4; Posting profanity||0||Feedback message|
Please also note that receiving an unreasonable amount of feedback messages in a short period of time, especially for the same rule violation, puts you at risk of receiving a strike.
If at any time you require assistance, have any questions or any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of the Developer Relations Team. This includes: @DevEngagementTeam