Making a good lighting for PBR assets on roblox

Hello!

Recently I started designing and modeling PBR realistic assets but my biggest problem is making a good texture for Roblox. I used many engines before and all managed to render the model better than Roblox

sketchfab model: Famas F1 - Buy Royalty Free 3D model by Sir_Numb [f1c9c9a] - Sketchfab Store (3D preview)

This is on Roblox…

Screenshots from 3 engines and 2 editors (with default lightings!)

– Unity:

– Unreal Engine:

– Godot:

– Blender:

– Substance Painter:

There is no color balance or way to configure the metallic, roughness on Roblox.

I had similar problems with different models as well

Even after almost an hour of configuring the lighting I still couldn’t get a good result
If you want to grab the model to try for yourself you can use one of my other models I couldn’t make proper lighting or for this Famas weapon private message me

model:
Golden Boombox.rar (2 mb)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that PBR is not fully ready yet because in the beta build of studio they allowed you to change the map settings like metalness and roughness
I hope it’ll be available sometime later this year, because it can really make things look nice
Beta Build example screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679895919008677914/762108728522178620/unknown-19.png

I don’t mean Roblox’s PBR what I have is practically baked from a program Substance Painter but it’s practically the same thing except the lighting