Making a low-res mode in my game

So, currently enabling “low-res” in my game (which, by the way, uses Future lightining so it’s needed to make it runnable on a low-res mode on potato computers) disables GlobalShadows and disables all Post Processing Effects, is there something I can do to make it run even better on low spec computers?

1 Like

Also, I am not ok with replacing all materials with smoothplastic/plastic or similia because my games would have a pretty hard time with some scripts if that would be the case

you can’t just change the properties of lighting in the explorer?

I hope that could be possible but the lightining engine is a non-scriptable property, I hope @Roblox changes this as I would like to just set the lightning to be “Voxel” instead of “ShadowMap” when “Future” cannot be used because else everything is so bright I need to lower the exposure by 2.

so you want a script in your game that can change lighting’s properties?

yeah, I need to find a good way to make it run on potatos but make it not seem so bright to blind people when they play.

the reason why I am asking here is because lowering the exposure it’s sure a solution but I don’t think it’s the best one.

why, your game have a lot of lags?

on potato computers it cannot run smoothly because of the new lightning engine, I am trying to fix this.

Well you should make a system that load only some areas of your game

it kind of dies down on its own when graphics is turned down

yeah I noticed it and that it switches back to ShadowMap but it blinds people litterally, so I need a way to change the engine to Voxels (which is not possible at the moment) or to avoid it beign so bright possibly without using exposition since the effects are not great.