Making a necklace have physics

Hello! (if this is the wrong category, please tell me) Today, I wanted to make a necklace, but with physics. I have a part I want to use as the item on a rope but I need something to actually go around the neck, I also don’t want it having the posibility of falling of. If you have any tips or any info I could use I would greatly appriciate it!

2 Likes

robloxapp-20201128-1539049.wmv (771.0 KB)

I used rope constraints, this was just a quick thing I threw together to get an idea however Im fairly certain that connecting it to a person could mess up walking and jumping, depending on what you attach (if its made of multiple parts) it could cause a lot of lag, I suggest creating a custom character and just animating it to make it look like it has physics, this will limit lag, stop it from messing with the character and give you more control on how it looks to prevent it from flipping in an awkward state, hope this helped

Thanks, I’ll check that out. I don’t think it will cause too much lag since it’s a 6 player game.

Ah, I see what you did there. But I ment a necklace that goes around the head. If I don’t find any other answers I’ll use what you did. Thanks though :smile:

Well thats a super simple version, If you were to spend actual time on it I would use either a union made of cylinders or a mesh for the neck part and then have it cut off where it becomes rope so it looks like its going around the neck and down, also try to implament gyro into the pendent so it doesnt go into awkward positions

OH!!! Why didn’t I think of that I am so stupid. Thank you.