Making a Nuclear Fusion Reactor (Tokamak reactor)

Currently working on refreshing our tokamak reactor me and @sethsethisthebest is working on.

Seth is responsible for the actual reactor vessel, I have just corrected some building errors with it and built up the surrounding infastructure and chamber.

Here is the old areas

(ignore the silly face, that was before we made the status screen)

This area has been revamped and now looks like this!

I am much happier with this new revamped area, though it is still a work in progress.
Any feedback is much appreciated.

6 Likes

First of all, it already looks good- so I feel bad giving criticism that would make a lot more work for you to address but since you asked:

• I see two huge pipes, but I sort of expected to see a kajillion little pipes- hoses- tubes- wires- all over the walls, going up to the ceiling, across the floor, converging into the reactor.

• It’s too dark. I’d expect a reactor room to be really brightly lit, from small lights everywhere. ( Like any power plant- they make no effort to save electricity because they aren’t buying it, they’re making it right there. ) If it’s intentionally dark for spooky mood, then make it look like the only lights on are emergency backup lights, have some spinning red ones, and still put lots of unlit bulbs all along the railings.

• That big console screen… Looks kind of Star Trek but not in a good way? Not quite buying it as something I would see in a real facility. More likely each of those displays would be on its own separate normal-sized LCD monitor on a table and the controls would be big throw switches and big round buttons on the walls or near the reactor.

• From the size of the handrails, it looks really small. ( Maybe this is in the future so fusion reactors are smaller and tidier but still. )

• I would expect some kind of radial symmetrical structure around the central reactor, like 6 or 8 rectangular arches carrying big coils or lasers or whatever along with the majority of the ‘more pipes’ from the suggestion above.

2 Likes

I have realised that there is some missing context in the post…
The game is a base on the moon, so the current thought of “real facility” isn’t so real here.

That’s intentional - also the handrails are a little taller than they should be.

Thanks for the feeback though :smile:

Edit: oh yeah and the lighting is messed up in this place where im building it up, it is going to be moved over the the right game when it’s ready to be published. The darkness is also sort of intentional.

It looks good! My only advice would be that there’s a lot of empty space, and when I look at the pictures I can’t immediately tell that what I’m looking at is a nuclear fusion reactor.

1 Like