Making a package free to use for everyone

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I have made a few code packages that I’d like to publish for everyone to use. I’d like to know whether this is possible. Also, if it isn’t possible, do I need to also upload these as models in order to make them usable for others?

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I don’t know whether distributing packages on the Creator Marketplace is possible. In the creator dashboard, there is a toggle “Distribute on creator marketplace” which makes it seem like it should be possible. However, when I toggle this on and click “Save changes”, I get “Unknown error. Please try again later.”

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I tried to find information about this. The latest information I found about this was a post from February of this year. The writer told that it wasn’t possible yet but both he and an older staff announcement have told that the feature has been planned to be added. The packages documentation page in creator hub doesn’t mention distributing on Creator Marketplace in the “Sharing and access levels” section which makes it seem like this may not be possible. However, if it’s not possible, why does the toggle exist in Creator Dashboard?

Here’s the post from February.

Here’s the staff announcement

I think that sharing is just meant for groups, friends, and co-developers, instead of the marketplace. So you can share with a specific group, or people, but not everyone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.