Making a Physics-Based boat that works with terrain water

So, i’m trying to make this game in wich the player is a boat that drives around on a terrain water ocean.

There’ll be much more gameplay to the actual thing but the issue i’m having is actually making the player(the boat) move in the terrain water realistically. I’ve tried Body movers and vector force, but only managed to get a slowing down effect using tweening on those, and even then, it wasn’t what I was looking for, I figured the issue had to do with the terrain water’s drag but then found out there’s no way to turn it off.

I found something that seemed to have the effect I was going for, but the force was excessive and it was using a Vehicle seat, which isn’t what I need, I want the player itself to be the boat.

If anyone is wondering, the reason i’m using terrain water is beacuse it looks better than a single part and i’m not good enough to make it work with Skinned meshes.

1 Like

I have a similar project that involves medium dynamics with boats: Medium Physics Showcase (Open Source) - Roblox. It is open source so you can take a look at the code if you want. Take the sail boat if you want to experience a full glance of the physics. Also, read the description for the controls.

I will be making an improved version of the skinned mesh sea at some point in time.

1 Like

this is just a basic boat i made a while ago lol

Its not for sale, cant use it.

Oh i forgot lol, i’ll try to make it on sale lol
edit: I made a new one cus it wouldn’t allow me to make that one on sale

1 Like