Making a singleplayer game

So I’m currently working on recreating a game called Soda Dungeon on Roblox it’s gonna be quite the challenging project for me, but I’ve seen a lot of amazing games on Roblox so I know it’s probably going to be possible to make just gonna take time, but it’s mostly just a project that I can work on and improve my coding skills, but the thing about Soda Dungeon is it’s a singleplayer game and so I was wondering if it’s worth it to even make a singleplayer game on Roblox?

if I wanted to be serious with this game would it be possible to gain a lot of players and revenue(not like it maters, but just saying) or will the fact of it being a singleplayer game cause some problems even if the game turns out to be really good and enjoyable.

You will get a much bigger player base if you made it multiplayer. Remember Roblox is massively multiplayer don’t be afraid to take advantage of that. But since you are doing a game that is normally singleplayer what id recommend doing is allow up to 4 players on a small Coop server that way people can bring their friends or if they want to play alone they can just select single player.

1 Like

Since Roblox was made for the intention of being multiplayer, I suggest you figure out a way to make it multiplayer, with a bonus single player mode. I know this might kill the game feel,like for instance I would love to make a horror game, but having multiplayer horror games isn’t really that fun compared to single player, but no one wants to play a single player game on Roblox. It is rare that they do. Your best bet is to make it your own and have it multiplayer, then give players the option to play alone if they want to.

Yeah I was thinking about it and trying to find out how I’d go about making the game multiplayer and at the moment I think I’m just gonna make it similar to a tycoon where there’s 4 or 6 plots that players can claim and that’s where they’ll manage their tavern.

I’m probably gonna run into a few issues, but whatever I’ll probably figure it out once I come across them.