Making a title systemn

Hello Developers,
So I have seen this title system and I’m trying to make it but I’m not sure how. Does anybody know how to make this:

title system1

There are many free resources you can search up on the DevForum as well as the toolbox. Alternatively you can look through the Developer Hub for articles for things you might need. Titles are hosted via BillboardGuis and the selection menu through ScreenGuis. Be sure to check out Intro to GUIs as well.

Chat tags are done via SetExtraData. There are a couple of tutorials here on the forum explaining how you can grant one to a user.

2 Likes

For the chat tags, you can do this in a server script.

local ChatService = require(game:GetService("ServerScriptService"):WaitForChild("ChatServiceRunner").ChatService)
local speaker = nil
while speaker == nil do
    speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker(player.Name)
    wait(0.1)
end
speaker:SetExtraData("Tags","Enter tag name here")
1 Like

Oh, Thank you, but how will you set the color of it to like a gradient?

Tip: avoid loops. The ChatService already has events that you can connect to for an event-driven system. If possible always try to enforce an event-driven system so your code is acting when these things are expected to happen. Loops should be used scarcely.

local ChatService = require(game:GetService("ServerScriptService"):WaitForChild("ChatServiceRunner").ChatService)

local function speakerAdded(speakerName)
    local speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker(speakerName)
    -- Do your SetExtra data here
end

ChatService.SpeakerAdded:Connect(speakerAdded)
for _, speaker in ipairs(ChatService:GetSpeakerList()) do
    speakerAdded(speaker)
end
1 Like

What I would do is detecting input by using the activated function, then i would make it communicate to the server by remotevents, client for fireserver, server for a onserverevent function and checks if a player has enough and gets the title if the player has enough, created by billboardguis.

(Alternatively you can just search from the toolbox of a title script or use DevHub for assistance)

1 Like

Isn’t this game Candy Clickers uncopylocked lol

2 Likes

idk, I don’t really like using free models anyway, I prefer to make it and learn myself

2 Likes