Making a Tool Permanently Stay in The Players Hand

I’ve looked for other topics about this, but couldn’t seem to find any.

I don’t have much scripting knowledge, so I’m gonna need a bit of help for this.

So, I’m making a game like Mortem Metallum. I got a basis class select GUI and such, but I have an issue. I need to make it so when the player selects the class, they automatically equip the tool, without having a way of unequipping it. I need the tool to stay permanently in the players hand, but still allow them to use it, and for it to disappear upon death.

Now, I know a script for making the backpack disappear, but I’m unsure where to put it, and I would need help for any other script that you could provide. I’m not asking for a script, I’m just looking for the base part, which I can modify to fit what I need.

TL;DR:
I’m trying to find a way to make a tool permanently stay in a players hand without them being able to unequip it, while still being able to:

1. Use it
  2. Damage other players with it
  3. Animate it
  4. Loose it upon death

Not looking for scripts, just a base script to build off of.
I’m not a good scripter and barely know anything about it.

1 Like

It’s welded onto a character using Motor6ds hence animateable.

If it’s permanent use a different event like on gui click to begin the welding server sided.

But how would I make it so the inventory isn’t shown, and players have no way of unequipping it.

Instead of a tool instance use a GUI to replace the equipped event provided:

script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function()
	game.ReplicatedStorage.ConnectM6D:FireServer(WeaponTool.BodyAttach)
	char.Torso.ToolGrip.Part0 = char.Torso
	char.Torso.ToolGrip.Part1 = WeaponTool.BodyAttach
end)

Probably mouse button one click or .Activated event, then destroy or hide the GUI, voila they can’t unequip it.

So, I should add this script to one of the tool select GUIs, then I have to weld the tool to the character? Sorry, this is pretty confusing to me cause I’m more of a modeler.

Pretty much. Try it out.

Also remember to weld it properly to position it. It should be the same as the rig you used to animate it of the motor6D s C0 and C1 properties. There are other scripting support post on properly welding a part to the hand.

So, this would be a LocalScript in the text button for selecting the tool, then I could use a plugin to weld the tool in the correct spot.

So I had a change of plans, and decided to make a custom backpack instead of removing it
Thanks for the help though, I’ll be sure to come back to this if I ever need it.