Making a tycoon-ish game a lot less repetitive and boring

Hello Roblox Devforum. I am currently working on game titled “Factory Paradise 2”. In the game, you build a tycoon (similar to Miner’s Haven), and sell your factory’s product once it gets full.

My issue is that this can get very very repetitive, and waiting for your factory’s storage to fill up can be incredibly boring.

Factory lifcycle: Dropper drops an ore, which reaches a furnace. The furnace processes the ore, and it goes into your factory’s storage. Once your factory storage is full, you can initiate a sell mission and go to the destination where your product will be sold.

It’s a very simple lifecycle, but I’m really not sure of what else to add to make this a lot more entertaining, and way less repetitive.

Thanks!

1 Like

You could add side-‘quests’ that require you to say, go drop things off or something, just a objective that requires the player to go move around and do stuff, possibly add npcs aswell?

2 Likes

thanks for the response, I think that side-quests would also be a great way of leveling up in the game as well

2 Likes

You could make it so that you have to hire workers to, let’s say, make jewelry, from a chain and a refined ore.

This would require several things and may make the game interesting such as:

• Adding jewelry work bench (and other work benches that require workers)
  • Worker wages
  • Refinery for specific ores (as well as different upgraders)
  • A machine to make a necklace chain (or different machines to make different things)

I also want to add that maybe changing the prices of items you sell can make it interesting. And to add to different upgraders, you can have different sets of upgraders (ie. an upgrader works with this other upgrader, but only before/after it, or only when there is another upgrader is in-between).

Most importantly though, know when a game gets complicated enough or make an easy learning experience, to make it challenging, but not a chore.

1 Like

Maybe you should have to go out and mine/collect ore for the tycoon, instead of the dropper spawning ore infinitely. The dropper would drop from your ore storage until it gets used up, and then you’d have to go out and collect/mine more ore.

1 Like

I actually thought of that originally and I think it’s a cool idea, thanks!

1 Like

Love those ideas! Definitely noted

2 Likes