Making a Vessel with CSG (Particularly a Bow)

That is true - I think I know whatcha mean.

Nice tutorial, keep up the work.

3 Likes

Really good guide. Easy for peoples who have never done it before to start doing it.

I hope to see a guide on creating the rest of the ship. Including a part of the furniture so we can see how you do the furniture.

Also: I usually run into some issues with hitboxes, what is your input?

2 Likes

Thank you for your thorough guidance on how to make the bow with CSG. In the past I have been stuck in certain areas of CSG, but this guide showed me how to use the tool effectively.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this, I’ve been needing a guide since I will for sure be applying this to my game

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m thinking of continuing the guide on and breaking them up in certain parts so I can thoroughly go into detail about what to do :smiley:

And whatcha mean by hitboxes?

2 Likes

No problem! I’m happy to of helped out, if you run into any issues feel free to leave a comment :smiley:

1 Like

No problem aha, if you encounter any issues do feel free to comment and I’ll be sure to help out :smiley:

1 Like

Usually with collisions and hit boxes, you wanna try and break the union up abit into separate pieces - This will help immensely to fix any issues you may have.

3 Likes

Although there is a beta feature you can enable that will drastically improve the collisions of your unions:

I’ve tested it out and it works like a charm.

1 Like

Your tutorial was spot on!

From my years of experience building ships, making the bow is the most time consuming since it requires certain curves and whatnot. Making the hull takes me about 2-3 days depending on how complex the boat is. Not to mention the frustration of using CSGv1 and how many times the unions gets corrupted.

What I’d recommend is the use of Model Reflect by stravant for precise measurement of both sides and is time saving.

Keep up the good work! :smile:

4 Likes

Also, if you hold alt and select a part, it’ll select that part only not the model.
(Though, this doesn’t work on unions ofc!)

3 Likes

May I just say, your ships are well crafted! And I completely agree with you on that, CSG v1 is such a pain with the unions especially if you are trying to make a really smooth bow it requires a lot of parts.

oo, Model Reflect - That’s actually very smart because then the measurements are more accurate and its less time-consuming - I’ll make sure to use that from now on :smiley:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and likewise! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s… actually pretty clever

3 Likes

This tutorial was really helpful! I was able to make one of my best cruise ships so far. :slight_smile: It’s an attempt on the ship Celebrity Flora. Keep up the great work!

Edit: Roblox corrupted all my unions :frowning_face:

sideview143

4 Likes

Does anyone else have issues with curve maker? It does not work for me. O_O

3 Likes

What’s the issue? It seemed to be working fine when I used it.

2 Likes

I mean if you experience issues with curve maker you can always manually insert parts and rotate them a such? Thats what I used to do before I found curve cutter :smiley:

1 Like

I cannot even select it as a plugin.

2 Likes

That is what I do too when the plugin don’t work, Sir. (:

2 Likes