Making a "Wall Climbing" System

Ill try this out thanks alot this will def help!

1 Like

It’s still really hard to understand the code and everything thats going on could you explain it?

2 Likes

It’s Been 7 months but I need help for the BodyGyro Position to go to different surfaces.

2 Likes

Can you give us the script or uncopylock a game? Just a question.

2 Likes

If Possible to give the Uncopylocked version of the game would be helpful. Its okay if not possible.

1 Like

@austingamer12345
@GenesisofJoel

5 Likes

This is usable but when it comes to more parts its hard

1 Like

Define “usable”. Aren’t you gonna take this, inspect it’s code, learn how it works, then make your own?
Just to clarify, we here at the dev forum are not here to write scripts for you.
We’re here to provide support, and to share our knowledge and projects we’ve made.

3 Likes

To be fair my system was kind of thrown together in a short time. In order for it to use multiple surfaces you would have to hard-code the parts into a table mapping where each section would be relative to the sections adjacent to it. It could definitely be made better.

2 Likes

Sorry i Sounded Werid its just i’m new and the game im going to be doing it like everywhere its a huge map so sorry.

4 Likes

Sorry if I sounded aggressive, is there anything that I can help you with?

2 Likes

No its alright man nothing else

2 Likes

Blokav, your way of doing Wall Climbing is frankly unusable for a game where the map changes numerous times and unrelated to the Rogue Lineage Climbing System

Since Blokav’s System was unusable for my situation I followed Jimmy’s Steps as seen above to the best of my abilities this is the result:

I have a few bugs to fix after that I’ll be releasing the system to the public.

30 Likes

https://www.roblox.com/games/5889967357

I apologize for almost taking a week on this I kind of forgot about it please note that this isn’t a “complete” climbing system since it doesn’t let you climb from part to part, I hope the code is understandable enough though oh and have fun!

15 Likes

I don’t mind the flaws, but thanks for sharing the source to allow more understanding for everyone about wall climbing. I believe others will also improve from the roots of this system.

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words.
My reasoning behind not releasing a “complete” climbing system is because I’m afraid that people will just get lazy with it and not change anything outside of that I don’t know if my code is ready yet for open sourcing I wanna see the criticism on that.

5 Likes

Nice script. Does it work for r6 to?

1 Like

How would I add animations to the script to.

1 Like

You gotta add it manually by using UserinputService or the context

1 Like

He said there were flaws and by no means perfect, If you read the opening replies you can see this sort of issue was addressed and a fix was given.

You can incorporate this to your own version…
If I were you I would just take implementation ideas instead of “changing” the code since I personally think it leads to a better code structure everytime.

1 Like