Making an Image Animation

Hello!
I am working on a game, and I wanted to make a loading screen with a moving icon.
The icon is basically a dummy running.
I have made all the sprites (like a .gif disassembled) that make the animation.
How does it work? Like cartoons
Do you have any idea of how I could make this working ?
Thank you!

One word: Tweening

When you refer to “.gif disassembled,” are you referring to every single frame being a separate image, or are you referring to a sprite sheet?

If you are referring to a sprite sheet, there’s a tutorial on doing this with Guis.

If you’re referring to image by image, then you’ll have to make a script that changes the image to the next frame and the next frame.

gui.Image = "rbxassetid://123456789"
task.wait()
gui.Image = "rbxassetid://132492830"

I’d personally recommend the sprite sheet method because doing it image by image is VERY tedious.

1 Like

I will try the sprite sheet option, even if I made separate sprites
I tested the separate sprites option with wait() between all ImageID changes and it doesn’t seem to show properly the Image
Thank you!

1 Like

Isn’t the sprite sheet tutorial currently only compatible with SurfaceGui instances?

The original open-source project itself is only compatible with SurfaceGuis. However, the tutorial I sent shows people how to use sprite sheets with ScreenGuis and BillboardGuis:

1 Like

I have found that your able to input them into a table then call them by keys but it is tedious i have only found that the sprite sheet only has a max number of 64 frames of a resolution of 1024by1024 resolution ive found that if we use your method and input it into an array then retrieve the data with ipairs you can get an animation that longer then 64 frames with a higher resolution