Making an OTS gun system - Where to start?

Hey, developers!

I am trying to make an OTS gun system, kinda like this:

I don’t know how to start, where to start, or even how to make a nice-looking gun. I know the basics of Raycasting, but I have no idea what to do past that point.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Want to know where to start? If you want to know how something works (and thus make 1), think about how each individual part of the system is made.

• First you new a gun model.
  • Then you need animations for the gun
    How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)
  • Then you need to think about how the gun will work. Raycasting is one method.
  • Now the over the shoulder camera part. I don’t want to go into detail here because there’s basic free models in the studio toolbar, but it’s literally what you think happens, you just move the camera to be “over the shoulder”
  • Etc other stuff like sounds and particles. Literally just search up “gun particle” in the toolbox in Studio and I’m sure you’ll find everything you need. Or search up “M4A1 shot” in audio or whatever.

Literally, if you need to make anything, just think the basic structures of each part of the system. Then, if you don’t know how to do those individual parts, look at the tutorials such as 1 I linked.

9 Likes

Alright, thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Along with the great advice above, there’s an amazing OTS camera system you can find here:

4 Likes

Wow, thank you! I had no idea of this!

If you want something like that you should honestly modify the fe gun system instead of starting from scratch.

1 Like

What game/test place is this video from? Looks really great.

1 Like

It’s one of my friend’s systems. Here is the link: A19 SCPs n stuff - Roblox

His discord is: kɑi#0887
His Roblox is: Brogaming602

3 Likes