Making an R15 character point upwards without IKControl

Hello! I’m trying to make the character in the video point a weapon upwards by adjusting the C1 property of the waist joint, but the arms try to stay in the same position.
How do I fix this? Here’s a video of the problem:

Lobotomized model (you will have to reupload the animation)
Dummy.rbxm (21.4 KB)

3 Likes

The gun isn’t moving with the torso because you welded it to the humanoidrootpart which stays in place no matter what orientation the lowertorso is. Try welding it to the lowertorso or uppertorso instead and changing the C0 of the motor for that limb.

The arms if they’re staying in place is weird though idk how you have that problem. Looks fine to me?

2 Likes

It’s welded to the RightHand

1 Like

I’m pretty sure here it would be better just to use an animation

1 Like

I am using animations.
I am setting ONLY the UpperTorso’s waist joint’s C1 so I can have the character look up. The torso and head move but the arms don’t. You can see this clearly in the video.

1 Like

I don’t have a whole lot of experience in this field, but just from what I am seeing, it looks like a problem with the gun not properly moving. The arms ARE moving fine from how I see it, they are just welded to the gun and unable to move further.

Maybe try shooting a short raycast infront of the npc and setting the gun CFrame to the end position?

1 Like

is the motor named as it was when you animated it? because if the motor isn’t named the same as the animation then it won’t count that object as part of it when you play the animation.

The naming is fine and none of the parts are anchored.
I looked a bit into it and found that it’s a problem with R15 all animations. You can see it for yourself here by reuploading the animation in AnimSaves, replacing an ID and messing with the Waist joint’s C0
Dummy.rbxm (21.4 KB)