Making animation stop after play

Hey, I’ve made an animation using the default roblox animation editor plugin. It looks like this:

https://gyazo.com/7d4226b05972164a2749143f84e50850

I’m happy with how the animation is right now, however, at the very end you can see the parts all go back to their original positions. My question is, how can I make the model stay like how it is after the animation plays instead of reverting back to its original state? I know that I can just use :AdjustSpeed(0) before the animation actually ends, but I think I’m just missing something obvious, like maybe a property or setting in the animation editor.

2 Likes

If you mean like keep it floating, you can add something like this in the script after the animation play line.

[‘Name of Part’].Position = (new position)
[‘Name of Part’].Anchored = true

Substitute [‘Name of Part’] to the part name and (new position) should be the position in the air.

No, I’m talking about how the panels (the only things animated) revert back to their starting positions after the animation plays. The whole satellite is suspended by a BodyPosition.

Is the animation priority set to loop?

@Expoxide, thats just going to keep doing the same folding action every single time.

If you want it to stay unfolded, you can create a seperate animation that has only 1 frame of being unfolded. That way, you have two animations. One is unfolding which is that animation you made then the “idle” animation where it stays unfolded. You can call the animation right afterwards after the first animation is done.

Other than that though, you can just use :AdjustSpeed(0) as you’ve said.

5 Likes

Oh, yeah an idle animation. I’ll probably just use AdjustSpeed because it’s easier, but I’ll consider creating an idle animation like you said. Thanks for the tip

1 Like

I’ve found a different way to do it.

Name the 2nd last keyframe “Pause”.
Then, write a script so that when the animation reaches “Pause”
set the speed to 0.
Works well.

4 Likes