Making frame appear on top of text

In the screenshot, I have a frame inside of a TextLabel. The frame appears on top of the text, and you can’t read the text anymore. How would I make the frame appear behind the text?

1 Like

You need to make “Zindex” higher from the text than frame

That would normally work, but the frame is parented to the TextLabel. ZIndex is only related to instances which have the same parent

Ok, then try to make text the child of frame, not parent

The frame is going to change in size with a script and I need the TextLabel to stay the same size. If I put the TextLabel inside the frame, the TextLabel will also change in size when the frame changes in size.

They should be parented to the same object, not to each other.

Yeah, I made a new frame and put both objects inside of the same frame. It’s a little more annoying and looks uglier in the explorer but that’s about it. Anyways, it’s working now.

Can’t you use Global ZIndex? Currently I think the ZIndex is on sibling, but if you turn the ZIndex on the ScreenGUI to Global and make the text have a higher ZIndex you’ll be able to put the frame on top.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.