Making game more realistic

What I have done so far

Hello all! I am trying to improve lighting on my game as well as objects and terrain. For a start I simply added better grass, as you know depending on where you live grass is rarely perfect without weeds and perfectly green, especially without watering by farmers etc. So I added a bit of realism by making it a little less green, I then added sun rays like usual, transparent water, and bloom.

My first question is, what numbers should I have for my color correction? It makes my game look cooler but I do not know what the ideal settings is.
2. How can I make my game even more better with lighting etc? I already added bloom and sunrays, and I know the trees look weird I just put them there for now, but anyways can you rate the map?

Rate the map.
  • Its bad
  • Its bad but some aspects are good
  • Its ok but can definitely be improved
  • Its kinda good
  • Its good
  • Its really good
  • Its fantastic

0 voters

edit: The houses are also there for now, I will improve them. I am mainly looking for lighting and terrain ideas

3 Likes

Ok for the people who voted bad please give me ideas!

1 Like

Add an Atmosphere into Lighting, also add Bloom, Sunrays, a little Blur, and some Color Correction. If you need help doing that, I’d watch this video Realistic Lighting Settings ROBLOX STUDIO (Tutorial) - YouTube or use the Realism Mod plugin because it has Dynamic Lighting you can insert!

2 Likes

Oh not blur. Personally I have like 10/20 vision its really bad and blur just looks weird. All the cafes do it and it just looks unrealistic. It hurts my eyes too and since my vision is messed up without contact lenses it just looks stupid

It’s bad.
Change grass color it’s really weird.
This part of water (It’s water I guess) it’s TOO blue.image

Trees are just duplicated everywhere.image
Change their rotations/scales or just use different models.

Add bushes, rocks etc. instead of the same tree model everywhere.
You can add small rocks or seaweeds in water.

For Lighting
–Lower the brightness, it feels like I’m using light mode.
–Don’t mess up with saturation. (I feel like you did)
–Add an atmosphere and make it’s color same with the skybox.
–Add depth of field effect. (add it even it creates blur.)
–Change the skybox.

4 Likes

You need much more detail in virtually every aspect of the game.

2 Likes

You didnt read what I said. DOnt worry about the trees. They are there for decoration. The water is blue because im too far to render it like when your close its transparent

Im gonna fix lighting then I will make another poll and I want you to re vote! i am gonna re do all the colors

Ok its the same map with different grass. Dont worry about the trees or buildings, just the terrain and lighting. (I added atmosphere and messed around with it, did nothing so I got rid of it.

Has the lighting gotten better or worse?
  • Way better
  • better
  • A little better
  • The same
  • A little worse
  • Worse
  • alot worse

0 voters

Edit: The water color looks blue but its just transparent its just because I cant render it transparent while far away

I voted it’s good but maybe some wells would look good near the small villiage.

Good idea but now I am just looking for lighting ideas

Okay! I don’t think I have one sorry.

Your idea was good, I might add some wells and water tanks