Making my game theftproof

Hi developers!

My team and I are currently making a game. It doesn’t really matter what it’s about etcetera but we invested a lot of ROBUX and money in it. So we want to keep it safe from kids with synapse (for example). I would like to know how you guys secure your game against this threat.

Regards,
Ex_aeq

The only things cheaters can’t access is stuff in ServerScriptService & ServerStorage so just keep as much in there as possible I guess. You really can’t do anything to stop them from stealing the map for example, which is in workspace

1 Like

can’t really do anything about it to my knowledge unless you can detect synapse upon injection, smthn you can do is hide a localscript somewhere and make it check the game’s id and if it’s not your game’s id then idk put a fire effect in everything lol

1 Like

To secure your game, use Unity, Godot, or Unreal Engine.

This isn’t really possible, but this method would be hard to crack:

In Roblox, you must have the client request data from the server. No objects in workspace should be present during this process. When the client requests data from the server, have a system with 2 RemoteEvents, one to receive and send. The client requests data from the “Send” remoteEvent, and the server responds via the “receive” remoteEvent. The client will receive a cloned instance parented to nil. Now, perform the rendering. The rendering should involve a ViewportFrame that has a name that represents a random number each frame. Additionally, each frame there will be a random amount of instances in the GUI folder, from 5 to 100, each with random names. This will prevent the exploiter from finding the instances. Next, randomly create a series of folders in the ViewportFrame GUI to prevent the exploiter from finding anything specific. After the frame renders, delete the frame and everything that was given to you. Repeat the process for the next frame.

For LocalScripts, just don’t use them unless you absolutely have to. Another option is to obfuscate the code, but I don’t recommend this option.

1 Like