Making ragdoll limbs have different masses. How?

So I’m working on improving my ragdoll script and I wanted to create a realistic drag effect when the character is falling. The effect I’m trying to produce is this:

Granted, this diver is not a roblox ragdoll but still, since his limbs have less mass than his torso, they fall at separate speeds. The torso is lower than the arms. This is what I’m trying to make.

My (failed) solution:

My ragdoll currently falls like this:

This is no fun :frowning:

So what I tried doing was setting the density of the torso through its custom physical properties through this code:

char.Torso.CustomPhysicalProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(20, 0.5, 1)

but nothing changed. The torso’s density in the clip above was 100 but it still fell as if it had 1 density. Like there is no air resistance. Do roblox worlds not have air?

2 Likes

Try applying downwards velocity by using :ApplyImpulse(vec3), Im not certain but I think it cares about mass of the part.

It looks like roblox falling physics:

1. Dont care about different mass (unlikely)
  2. Physics are processing your whole character as one part(more likely)
2 Likes

I might use this as a last resort. My experience with ApplyImpulse() has not been very good. I feel like there has to be a better way to go about making limbs fall at different speeds.

I also feel like option 2 would be really odd. Since the rest of the physics on my ragdoll don’t treat the entire character as one part. If this where the case though, I hope there is a way to make it not do that :fearful:

1 Like

Well, what I meant was that the falling physics handler just probablly applies velocity on humanoid root part or something as simple as that, you could easily test this theory if determined enough

2 Likes

So uh. Is there a way to make it not do that? Because that kinda sucks lol

1 Like