Making soft and good GFX lighting

I believe Lie_Star uses the Rig V4 by Matt RBX.

1 Like

I use this one, full version: Ultimate Roblox Rig [Blender] - YouTube

The rig also includes 2.0 and 3.0 packs.

2 Likes

Ooooo that’s nice! Now unfortunately I can’t but the full version of the Blocky rig since it’s expensive in my country but maybe I’m going to try out the Demo version

Thanks for showing where to find it! :grin:

1 Like

i did use cycles and some tricks to remove noise

2 Likes

Wow amazing work, I’m not a GFX designer but this is very useful to any gfx designer!

1 Like

Could be my personal bias, but I don’t think that making a character’s face metallic makes sense.

I think OP went a little too intense on the metallic, but it can be good to play around with that input since it can improve your render if used lightly. Metal isn’t the only good use surprisingly, and as blender documentation says, the Metallic input on a principled BSDF node “Blends between a non-metallic and metallic material model. A value of 1.0 gives a fully specular reflection tinted with the base color, without diffuse reflection or transmission. At 0.0 the material consists of a diffuse or transmissive base layer, with a specular reflection layer on top.”

2 Likes

You can set any setup you want actually. But since my tutorial is for all people: beginners and professional, I tried to use simple setup which makes character look volume and well

This tutorial is for the real metalheads I hate myself

Can you make a video tutorial my planes are not emitting light at all.

1 Like

Are you using the Cycles render engine? It’s proven to be the most effective.

Here is a quick video I made showing another technique.

1 Like

What render engine do you use?

Blender like yours but it’s good i use other lights

1 Like

Wow man, thanks, i just wanted to learn about this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure about blender render, since I used cycles

It looks like blender in the pictures. But i fixed it in other ways.

1 Like

well instead of playing around with all these you can add a HDRI Background to your scene, it would be pretty nice too :slight_smile:

1 Like

It works too, but i prefer planes more, you change their mesh, position or add them as much as you want

This is honestly amazing, since I see so many new GFX creators with no knowledge of how to make lighting, this will be so useful to them!

1 Like

You should learn Blender Denoising.