Making terrain invisible

So I have an assortment of random bricks and terrain:

How would I go about to as making each of these instances invisible? The parts are easy, you just change the transparency. I am having issues with making Terrain invisible.

Things I have tried before:

• Viewports work well in this scenario, I just add what blocks I want to the viewport + the character. Then I pull the viewport on top of the players screen with a Black background and it filters the terrain out. But it comes with the expense of a drastic decrease in quality.
  • Replacing the terrain’s textures with a transparent image just makes the terrain appear black and not invisible

Is there a way to override roblox’s rendering while still making these instances collideable? I’ve tried searching articles for ages so if anyone can help direct me it’d be much appreciated!

2 Likes

I don’t know how you would do normal terrain invisible but there has been found a method to make water invisible: placing a 0.999 transparency glass part over the water should render it invisible.

1 Like

Do you still need the terrain to have collision? If not you could just unload it instead. I’m not sure about transparency, though. Mb misread
You could remake the collision with parts instead of terrain, so that when you unload the terrain some form of collision remains. I think terrain can only be unloaded on the server though, so it’d be visible across everyone’s screen.