Manipulating TimePosition on an AnimationTrack?

Note

This is not a module that is similar to Nil_ScripterAlt’s. His manipulates multiple animationTracks, while this one focuses more on manipulating multiple animations within a single track.

Background

Recently I have been working on a project very diligently. Since I rely on my animation tecnhiques, many of my projects are centered around those animations, using the TimePosition property of AnimationTracks to get the best possible experience for the players, and make animations more manageable since I make so many. I feel like my idea is unique (in the sense that I haven’t seen it on the forum), and wanted to share it to the community.

The issue you could say is that out of all of the animation posts where they were bugs, glitches, modules, or general questions, none of them (that I could find) seem to use this property as a means to redirect a track to a certain point in an animation. Instead, everyone uses one animation track for each and every movement (walking, running, shooting, jumping, crouching, etc). Now I have taken into account how lag could play a part in this across clients, and that has a relatively easy fix for me.

Now, I am thinking of creating a module that takes advantage of TimePosition for everyone to use, but I have a few questions to ask the community before I continue on to making that post:

• Is there some type of underlying reason for not using TimePosition to manipulate multiple animations in one track?

• Does it feel inefficient to jump between animations within an animation track?

• Does it feel like manipulating TimePosition requires unnecessary/inconvenient code?

I am pretty sure other people have performed my idea to more efficient level, but have not posted it to the forum (I am 100% sure my idea is not anything new). I just wanted a way to give other people more liberty with manipulating animation properties for their games, but I needed more information I could not find before posting my experience.

tl; dr;
I want to post an animation module that manipulates the TimePosition property of AnimationTrack, but I want to check with the community, and make sure there is not an issue with the property or the AnimationTrack’s functionality with it before posting it as I can’t seem to find a reason why there is not any information for it.

1 Like